Monday, May 30, 2011

Tool 7 Reaching Outside Your Classroom

I had a little trouble trying to figure out what kind of project I could collaborate on because I teach very small groups of students for reading and math only; many of the examples or suggestions were geared more toward science and social studies.  However, I finally decided to collaborate with one of my fellow special ed teachers on a Google Docs presentation about the strategies that good readers use.  I would like our 2 emergent reading groups on similar levels to work on this project.  I would like to implement this project  by the end of the first nine weeks.  Students will identify strategies that they use as good readers, and upload a picture that represents that strategy into a Google Docs presentation.  The students in each class can edit and add to the presentation.  This project will help students become more aware of the strategies they are using, as well as learn about other good strategies from their peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment